Get Fit Program
A program to combat and prevent childhood obesity
The Coalition for Healthy Children and Families is offering a 10-week family-based program to combat and prevent childhood obesity. As part of the program, each family will participate in nutrition education with hands-on activities and fun fitness activities for everyone.
Get Fit! is brought to you by the Coalition for Healthy Children and Families Team
Rotary Club of Batavia
United Memorial Medical Center
Extension of Genesee County
Batavia City School District
Genesee County Health Department
City of Batavia Youth Bureau
Genesee County YMCA
Join our program to learn:
- How to make healthy, family friendly food choices
- To prepare simple and great tasting recipes
- How to stretch your food dollar
- Fun ways to exercise
- Rock Climbing
You and your family will receive:
- Nutrition assessment
- Guidelines and support to maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Resources to encourage family physical activity
- Weekly incentives and a chance to win a grand prize
Sessions forming NOW in Genesee County and the City of Batavia.
Call 585-344-5420 to enroll.
The program is free and available to all children and families who are serious about a healthier lifestyle.