The United Memorial Surgical Associates Group is an integral part of United Memorial Medical Center.
Our surgeons, Dr Andrea Zucchiatti, Dr Patrick Iannoli, Dr Jennifer Griffith, Dr John Risolo and Dr Hovaness Maronian are board certified in surgery and fellows of the American College of Surgeons. They are able to offer their patients a wide variety of surgical procedures, ranging from the general ones to more specialized and minimally-invasive interventions, allowing the residents of the GLOW area to receive excellent surgical care near home and avoid travelling to larger medical centers. Our group is affiliated with the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, whose students regularly rotate with our attendings at United Memorial to learn about rural / general surgery. The group also supports and provides data to the National Surgical Quality Improvement Project (NSQIP), which allows us to compare our outcomes with other hospitals throughout the nation and address - if present - areas of improvement, with the goal of providing our patients with the best surgical care possible.
The procedures that our surgeons are able to offer you include the following:
- Drainage and care of abscesses
- Treatment of malignant and benign breast disease
- Placement of vascular access for delivery of chemotherapy or other intravenous medications
- Drainage of chest fluid, both in the acute setting and for long-term care
- Drainage of abdominal fluid, both in the acute setting and for long-term care
- Excision of malignant and benign skin and soft tissue lesions
- Treatment of hemorrhoids with latest available technology
- Placement of vein filters for prevention of lung blood clots
- Repair of inguinal and abdominal wall hernias in a minimally invasive fashion
- Removal of gallbladders through single incision; near scarless surgery
- Removal of appendices in a minimally invasive fashion
- Removal of gallbladders and appendices through single incision, near-scarless surgery
- Removal of colon and small intestine in a minimally invasive fashion
- Placement of feeding tubes
- Skin grafting
- Biopsy of temporal arteries
- Treatment of thyroid nodules and parathyroid tumors causing high calcium levels
- Endoscopic airway evaluation
- Upper and lower endoscopies for evaluation of gastrointestinal issues
- Fecal transplantation for recurrent or persistent Clostridium difficile infection
If you have a question about a surgical issue, please feel free to contact us at (585) 344-5470 to discuss further or set up an appointment to see one of our providers.